I’m often asked “What should I bring with me to class?” so besides your smile (because you’re SO happy to be here), I’ve put together a short list below to help.
First of all, if you are new to paper crafting, I encourage you to take a class (#SimpleStamping is a great class for beginners) and try out the products I have on hand. This will help you decide which tools and adhesives you prefer, before making any investment. I keep “guest kits” on hand just for those new to paper crafting and card making.
Generally, your “supply kit” should include your favorite adhesives and a few basic tools that you’ll bring to each class. Below are some that are my favorites and what you will typically need in my classes, however there is no right or wrong, so if “your” favorite is not “my” favorite, that’s OK!
I realize that some stampers like to have all their own tools to use, so I’ve also provided a list of some optional items that are nice to have, but not necessary to complete most class projects. Any class that requires a speciality adhesive or tool that is not listed under the “basic list” or noted as needed in the class description, will be provided for you at class.
There is almost always a small assortment of basic adhesives on hand for purchase (at a discount) during class just incase anyone runs out or should need something.
“Guest Kits” are also always on hand for those new to paper crafting, so please don’t let the lack of tools or adhesives keep you from trying out a class! Again, I encourage you to try before you buy!
Basic Supply Kit:
- Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue (I use this for almost everything, but some prefer Snail adhesive)
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (foam pop dots)
- Pierce Tool (helpful to place small embellishments & remove bits from detailed dies)
- Paper Snips (small, sharp, paper scissors)
- Bone Folder
- Snail Adhesive Tape Runner
- Tear & Tape Adhesive (strong double sided tape for 3-D projects)
- Aqua Painter (used for coloring with pencils and ink)
- Blender Pen (used for coloring with pencils and ink)
- Stampin’ Trimmer (paper trimmer and scoring tool)
- Craft Tweezers (helpful for holding and placing small pieces)**
All of the above items **(except craft tweezers) can be purchased at my Online Store.
If you purchase all six items listed in the Basic Supply Kit (above) from my online store; you’ll receive a FREE Tear & Tape Adhesive (a $7 value) as my gift to you.