I’m often asked “What should I bring with me to class?” so besides your smile (because you’re SO happy to be here), I’ve put together a short list below to help.
First of all, if you are new to paper crafting, I encourage you to take a class (my Monthly Cards Class is a great class for beginners) and try out the products I have on hand. This will help you decide which tools and adhesives you prefer, before making any investment. I always have “guest kits” on hand just for those new to paper crafting and card making.
Generally, your “supply kit” should include your favorite adhesives and a few basic tools that you’ll bring to each class. Below are some that are my favorites and what you will typically need in my classes, however there is no right or wrong, so if “my” favorite is not “your” favorite, that’s OK!
I realize that some stampers like to have all their own tools to use, so I’ve also provided a list of some “optional” items that are nice to have, but not necessary to complete most class projects. Anytime I hold a class that requires a speciality adhesive or tool that is not listed under the “basic list,” it will be noted as needed in the class description on the Calendar or it will be provided for you at class.
There is almost always a small assortment of basic adhesives on hand for purchase (at a discount) during class just incase anyone runs out or find they should need something.
“Guest Kits” are also always on hand for those new to paper crafting, so please don’t let the lack of tools or adhesives keep you from trying out a class! Again, I encourage you to try before you buy! I’m here to help with any questions you may have.
Basic Supply Kit:
- Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (foam pop dots)
- Paper Snips (small, sharp, paper scissors)
- Bone Folder
Optional Supply Items:
- Snail Adhesive Tape Runner
- Tear & Tape Adhesive (strong double sided tape for 3-D projects)
- Aqua Painter (used for coloring with pencils and ink)
- Blender Pen (used for coloring with pencils and ink)
- Take Your Pick Tool (handy for picking up and placing small embellishments)
- Craft Tweezers** (helpful for holding and placing small pieces)
All of the above items **(except craft tweezers) can be purchased at my Online Store.