Welcome to the Pals June, 2018 Blog Hop. This month we’re going to Pick a “B”. Projects for Babies, Birthdays or Brides, that is. Be on the look out for creations using new products from Stampin’ Up!
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I want to share a card with you that I designed for my daughter-in-law’s “elephant themed” baby shower next month. I needed it to be relatively simple to put together because I needed to make 40 – yes, 40! I’m so glad that Stampin’ Up! is always “on trend” with their designs and colors – that made my job designing these cards so much easier! And in case you haven’t guessed… It’s a Girl! 🙂
The card base was made by folding in half a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Powder Pink cardstock. The 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock was run through the Big Shot with the Hexagons Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to give some dimension (it reminded me of a puffy quilt top); I then made a “faux bow” using the Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon and added it around the bottom of the embossed piece using Mini Glue Dots before gluing it down to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
The stamp set A Little Wild was used to stamp the elephant and little flower in her hair with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then they were colored in using the Smoky Slate Light Blends Marker and the Powder Pink Stampin’ Write Markers. The matching Little Loves Framelits cut them out perfectly.
The circle and scalloped circles were cut using Powder Pink cardstock and the Layering Circles Framelits. Then they were glued together before adding the elephant with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The “sweet baby” sentiment from the new Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then punched out using the Classic Label Punch. It was also adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To add a finishing touch to the envelope a piece of coordinating In-Color Designer Series Paper was added to the flap and trimmed with my Paper Snips. I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project!
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see which “B” the rest of my Pals are using. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for July 11, 2018 for our annual Pattern Party featuring projects using favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Papers and coordinating embellishments. Don’t miss it!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at AromasAndArt
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
Thanks for joining me today…
My project supply list: