How many golfers do you know who would love this card?
While trolling around Pinterest recently (yes, I’m a troller too!), I came across a fun layout with a “split front.” I think it’s a great way to showcase Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper, and since it’s a little different from the ‘standard’ card, I think whoever receives it will be surprised too!
So today, I thought I’d try this layout on a masculine card using the new Country Club Suite from the Spring Mini Catalog. But image the possibilities using any number of our Designer Series Papers, just change out the greeting and you’ve got an entirely different card!
Here are the directions with a list of products used:
Paper with Cutting Measurements:
- Country Club Designer Series Paper
– Golf Bags: 2-1/4” x 5-1/4”
– Tees & Balls: 2-1/4” x 3-7/8”
- Garden Green Cardstock: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored and folded at 5-1/2” (for Card Base)
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 2-1/2” x 4-1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock: scraps for stamping
Complete the Split Front Card Base as follows:
- Cut and score your Garden Green CS as noted above in Paper Measurements – the ‘fold’ will be on left side, not the top, as you might expect. Burnish crease with Bone Folder.
- Place your Card Base on your trimmer so left (long) edge is at 2-1/8” mark; bring Cutting Blade up from lower edge; stop when notch on blade reaches the Score Line. (photo 1 & 2)
Complete the remainder of Card as follows:
- Stamp Happy Birthday greeting from the Rustic Retreat Stamp Set using Night of Navy ink on a scrap of Whisper White CS (Optional – use any greeting you have on hand or one from the new Country Club Suite)
- Color in with Crushed Curry Marker, as desired
- Crop greeting out using the Tailored Tag Punch, shifting image up a bit to leave room for the Stars
- Adhere Tees & Balls DSP to the Night of Navy CS
- Attach Crushed Curry ribbon by wrapping around the Night of Navy CS piece and adhering ends at the back
- Adhere Greeting Tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhere Golf Bag DSP to upper section of Card Base
- Adhere the Night of Navy Card Front layer, making sure the glue is only on lower half that will be adhered to the Card Base
- Decorate inside of Card and Envelope as desired using images from the Country Club Suite or DSP
- TIP – If you’d like more room for writing inside, add a piece of Whisper White CS 4″ x 5-1/4″ to the (inside) of Card Base BEFORE adhering the Golf Clubs DSP (adhere the DSP on top
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project! If you need any supplies, I’m happy to help you with that. Please Contact Me with any questions!
To order any of the products I’ve used, simply Click on the image below and it will take you directly to my Online Store. And don’t forget that is still Sale-a-Bration time until March 31 and with every $50 purchase, you get a FREE stamp set or other item of your choice!
Thanks for stopping by!