Welcome to the Pals’ August Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that adds beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Magical Rain Shaker Card for a Special Occasion
Well, I’m not sure what my “special occasion” for this card is; I’m in Houston, so maybe just because it’s NOT raining this week! In all honesty, I’ve been wanting to try this new technique ever since I saw a You Tube video on it. So maybe that’s MY special occasion!
The technique is called “magic rain shaker card.” I’ve tried to do a little video below to show you how the beads move up and down the clear thread to simulate the rain falling. I’m not a great videographer (as in I’m terrible) and the lighting isn’t great, but you’ll get the idea.
I will admit, it’s a bit tedious to put together and therefore will only go to someone VERY, VERY special, but it was fun to create and not your run of the mill card. I plan to host a Techniques Class this week using this method and will post a tutorial after that for anyone interested. Otherwise, there are a couple of YouTube videos out there – just search “magic rain shaker card” and they should pop up.
Oh, for anyone trying to find this particular sentiment… I couldn’t find one in my stash that “fit” so I printed one onto Whisper White cardstock using my computer and fussy cut out the cloud shape.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Thanks for hopping by,